top of page

Chrüterei Stein Gruppe

Öffentlich·148 Mitglieder
Timur Muravyov
Timur Muravyov

Kiss Me By Linsey Hall

William Spratley . On Saturday the 19th of March, at the time of the election, I was in Guildhall ; Mr. Pain tapped me on the shoulder, and asked me if I had lost my handkerchief; he shewed me one, I knew it to be mine; I desired him to let the boys go, he had hold of the prisoners.

Kiss Me by Linsey Hall

William Pain . On the 19th of March, about four in the afternoon, as the people in Guildhall were moving away, the boys at the bar were moving about; I followed and kept very close to them; the prosecutor was taking down the number of the poll, his pocket was in a manner open, and the handkerchief visible to be seen; Elrey took it out, and handed it to Haywood; I tapped the prosecutor on the shoulder, and said you have lost your handkerchief, and collars both the prisoners; Haywood dropt the handkerchief, I believe I took it up; the prosecutor swore to it before the magistrate; I took the prisoners to the Compter.

Samuel Raymond . I am a journeyman barber . On a Sunday evening, better than a fortnight ago, pretty near twelve at night, I was going home to my lodging in Flower and Dean-street, Spital-fields; I had a friend with me when we were in Cornhill; my friend went up St. Michael's-alley , I stopped for him; then these girls at the bar came to me, they were very fond; one of them kissed me, and put her hand into my breeches; I observed one of them snatch at the chain of my watch; I found the chain gone, with a cornelian seal to it; I clapped my hand to my pocket, and found Vantandilo's hand in it, with my money in her hand; I saw her give it to the other prisoner; I held them, they wanted to get from me; I called the watch, he came; the prisoners fought me all the time, there was no body else near me; weSee original took them to the watch-house at the 'Change, they fought the watchman as well as me; as we went we were forced to call another watchman to assist.

M. Brickinshaw. Then he put his legs between mine, and put me down as before; after that he got up, and helped me up in his arms; he asked me then if I would forgive him; I said no, I would not; he asked me if I would kiss him; I said no, I would not kiss him nor forgive him.

M. Brickinshaw. When the people were gone away, one Mr. Banks, a customer, was the last in the house; going out he attempted to kiss me, I would not let him; my mistress said to me, what makes you look so scornful; then after he was gone I told her of it.

Gen. Conway. He confessed he was in my house the night before the robbery was committed; that he had meditated this thing for some days before; he said, when he pretended to leave my house, instead of leaving it, he went up into a room that was vacant, where my house-keeper, who had left me some little time before, had lain; that he lay concealed there till two in the morning, and pulled off his shoes to avoid making a noise, he came down stairs; that he found the remains of a fire in the hall next to this library; that he lighted his candle, which he brought in his pocket for that purpose, and he owned he left it burning among the papers after he had taken the notes; I went out of the room a little while, so far he mentioned before me; he at first said he took them in another manner out of the table, but afterwards he confessed he had done it in the manner I have now mentioned; and that he said an hour, or an hour and a half, to see whether the fire took effect or not; that he went from thence, and went to bed for two hours; then he dressed himself, and came back to my house about eight in the morning, near about the time the fire was subdued; I remember I had seen him there, and I really thought of sending him to make enquiry concerning these notes; he came to me that same day, and asked me if I wanted him; I told him then I did not, the business I wanted him for I had employed another person to do; he described the other notes to be in a cupboard, I think, or some place in his own room, where they were found; Mr. Wilkinson was sent with a constable to his lodgings in Pimlico; he brought the notes back to the Duke of Richmond's, they were never in my possession since; there were eight 50 l. notes, making 400 l. and three single 100 l. and a 25 l. he mentioned having changed this note of 500 l. for a 100 l. note and eight 50 l. notes; he was taken into custody and committed.

Thomas Campe . I am in the Bank, I pay money for bank notes; the prisoner at the bar came there to me on the 2d of March; he brought this 500 l. bank note, K. 606, payable to Abraham Newland ; I cancelled this note, upon paying a 100 l. note, with an order for eight 50 l. notes; he desired to have two 50 l. notes, ten 20 l. notes, and ten 10 l. notes; when he presented this note to me, there was nothing wrote upon it; I bid him write his name and place of abode upon the front of it, and bring it me again; he took it, and in about a minute brought me with this upon it; I am not sure whether I saw him write it or no; he desired to have two small notes; on the Friday I went to Sir John Fielding , to acquaint him the 500 l. note was paid; after this I saw the prisoner at his Grace the Duke of Richmond's; I declared there, that I knew him to be the person that brought the note; when he was first charged with it he denied it, and afterwards he said he took the notes out of the drawer, and he left the candle upon the table; that he set it up by a writing-desk, or some such thing, and had put the papers round it, and when he saw they were on fire, he went out of the room; he said he brought the candle from home, on purpose to light it at the hall-fire; and by the help of a tree in the yard, he got over the wall, and walked about for an hour, and if the house had open on fire, he intended to alarm the family; he gave intelligence where the remaining notes were; he said they were in a back-room in the house where he lodged; Mr. Wilkinson and one of the constables went to search for them; he told them they would find almost all the notes; he told Sir John Fielding , he had expended about 180 l. of the money.

Lambert. The General challenged him as the person that had robbed him; he denied it at first, but immediately after he confessed every thing, that he took the notes out of a drawer of a table in the library, and that he came to the Bank first with a 100 l. note for cash, and then he came about noon with this 500 l. note; and that he had 100 l. in cash, and the rest in notes, and he had disposed of some of the money, pretty near 200 l. I believe he said he brought a candle from home, and lighted it at the hall fire; and after he had taken the notes, he put the candle on the table, and piled the papers about it, and waited about an hour about the house; then he went home and lay down, and about eight o'clock he came back-again.

See originalLambert. About two in the morning; he said he went up the back stairs into a room, and concealed himself till two in the morning; then he brought the candle, and lighted it at the hall fire.

Wilkinson. He confessed he had concealed himself in that room; that he staid there till two in the morning; that he then came down stairs, and took a candle that he had in his pocket, and lighted it at the hall fire; (this was not his own regular account, but the answers to questions the Duke put to him;) he said he found the drawers open, and took the notes out, and put them into his pocket; General Conway asked him about the candle; he answered he had leaned it against the ink-stand, and after that he acknowledged he had put the papers about the candle; he also confessed he went to the Bank, and changed the 500 l. note, and that he either wrote the description of the place where the notes were to be found, or Sir John Fielding 's clerk did from his mouth.

Richard Liver . I am servant to General Conway , I attended him the night before the fire; I sat by the hall fire, after I had undressed the General, till my lady's maid came, and told me my lady was in bed; I sat down some time, till I heard my master come out of his own room, then I went into that room; the first thing I did was to take care of the candle; I took it where were no papers, or any thing near it; the other candle my master took in his hand when he went to bed; there was no smell of fire, or symptoms of any; I came out of the room with the candle in my hand, and blowed it out in the hall, and afterwards put it upon a basket in the hall, and went to bed; this was about one o'clock.

The child was examined, but not upon oath, who said she carried a pot down into the cellar, the prisoner there took her and set her on a box and kissed her, and put his private parts to her's, but did not put it into her.

William Pain . Just as my Lord Mayor was going to St. Brides church, on the Wednesday in Easter-week, there was a crowd at the Mansion-house ; Stroud was looking in at the gate, his pocket did was in, so that his handkerchief might be seen; the prisoner went in and peeped in also; I stopped down and saw the prisoner draw his handkerchief out of his pocket; I tapped my hand on Stroud, and said you have lost your handkerchief; he said so I have; said I, this is the fellow; I had hold of the prisoner; Stroud said mine has the letter P upon it, I showed it him; (produced in court) Stroud did appear at Guildhall to find the bill, but I fancy he has been played some trick with; I am told he is gone down into the country, and will not appear.

This man spoke to me first of all, I did not chuse to go into a public-house, I chose to go home, he went with me; Margaret Bulge unlocked the door for me, the lower floor belongs to us both; he sent for a shilling in rum and water, we cannot have less than a shilling's worth; I sent Bulge for it, after that we had another, and after that another; then we were going to have another, he wanted change; he said he did not chuse to send out a guinea; a servant brought the change and a shilling in rum and water, I told the change into his hand; after that Bulge made him pay for the rum and water again; he was very kind and good natured, he would send for another shilling's worth; when she brought that, she said he had not paid for that, though she carried the money, she made him pay for that again; then I asked for a little bit of supper; he sent out a 5 s. and 3 d. for supper, Bulge kept that and brought nothing; I said never mind it, she will come by and by; I locked the doors, and we went to bed, he gave me what he and I agreed for; I gave it Bulge to keep for me, he fell asleep, and I was in a sort of a dose; she came and opened the door, and awaked me, (a little matter awakes me) in came a lusty sort of brewer's servant with her; they sat down by the fire-side; said Bulge, here is an acquaintance wants you at the public-house; said I, if they want me, I have engaged myself to this young man to night; she said it was an acquaintance of her's wanted me, get up and speak to him; I said, I was afraid the young man would be angry; she said he is asleep, and will not missSee original you; I got up, and went to the public house, there was no body wanted me; when I came back the house was shut; I knocked at the door, she said I cannot let you in just now; she said I should not live with her any longer; I peeped through the key-hole, and saw the brewer's servant have the young man's shoes in his hand, and she had his breeches in her hand, they were talking together; the next morning I asked her for the 3 s. the man gave me for going to bed with him; she would not give it me; I said I saw through the key-hole what you did, and I will let people know of it; said she, you dirty hussey, and threatened me, and said, you watch me. I'll hang an hundred such as you for my breakfast in a morning; the night before that there was a man that had fifty guineas in his pocket, I would not go to bed with him; she said, go to bed, I will take care you shall not come to any damage. 041b061a72

Info

Willkommen in der Gruppe! Hier können sich Mitglieder austau...

Mitglieder

bottom of page